1.07.2010

I love Mail.

I have had several good mail days in a row - and that's probably it for a while. I feel like the delivery truck idles at the mailbox just long enough to make me believe that they must be shoving a fantastic package into the mailbox (regardless of whether or not I am expecting anything).

My new planner arrived:
Rhodia
I swear, working in a stationery store spoiled me on paper goods forever. I am very particular about the quality of my paper. I have a few notepads from Rhodia and they are fantastic - smooth paper for pens or pencils. I was quite excited to see the 2010 planner - it lays flat even without a spiral! It's got the days of the week on one page and a graph paper grid on the opposite side. Love love love. Even though I don't have a whole lot of planning going on - it's small stuff like "SnB" and "Donate Blood" and "Breakfast with family" etc.

I traded some yarn for some stitch markers (Acid pH stitch markers - those are little water molecules!):
Acid pH stitch markers
Clarissa sent me a message on Rav asking if I would consider a swap of my yarn for her stitch markers - I was so excited, as I have admired her stitch marker work for a while :)

I treated myself to a spot in the Odd-ish Creations "Non Club" group, look at these goodies!
"Non Club" Goodies
There is a pattern for Migration socks, House Hippo, 2 skeins of yarn from Oddish Creations - the blue one (really a blue-green-teal) is Painted Toes Lightweight Merino / Nylon "Stormy Days", and the purpley one is "Red Cabbage Salad" - Lester Toes, a sw BFL / nylon blend (both are gorgeous!). And there is a bag from Sunshinewalks and a little dachshund stamp and a lobster stitch marker from Yarndemon - so cute!
"Non-Club" goodies
This "non-club" reminded me of some of the WoolGirl kits - you get a lot of bang for your buck, and Kata tailored the package to the buyer, based on a survey she had us complete. Love love love.

I also did another trade, yarn for yarn and received this lovely skein of Malabrigo Sock, color cote d'azures:
Malabrigo Sock

And then, the Intention Yarns club shipment arrived - it's an assortment. Mini skeins are so flipping cute!
Multiple Intentions
It's pretty. Beachy.

I think that covers the mail. What else can I share? I made another round on the granny square:
Granny Square
I don't know if I should stop or keep going. I've done this one, but feel like an expert now :)

I've got a dead Monkey
RIP Monkey socks
Gah. Hole in the toe. Don't feel like darning it - wondering about reclaiming the yarn (like Ina did. Same yarn too, spooky!)

I've got half a crocheted headband to finish, 3 blanket squares are done but I want to block them some before showcasing them, one project that is hush hush, and several others to wake from hibernation. Next post I hope!

2 comments:

Virginia said...

Just saw this post about turning old socks into sweet little vases and thought of your dead Monkey sock. This project would be even more amazing with handknits!

http://www.thehaystackneedleonline.com/2010/01/sock-vases.html

And here's an idea for bigger knitting projects that have gone awry (like sweaters? hmm, I've got a couple of those!):

http://sweetpaul.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/01/cr.html

Sarah said...

That is definitely a series of terrific mail days! Yay! I've really gotta get myself into a club or something just so I can have fun mail sometimes. :-)

I have a dead Monkey, too. (And also a hat with a hole in it.) I'm going to have to learn how to darn...

Give Life, Donate Blood