9.08.2006

Patternworks Catalog (Rant)

How nice to come home to fun mail (catalogs) - I love catalog shopping. Even just to put ideas in my head that I can later find at the outlets or TJMaxx / Marshalls. Patternworks arrived today - as I started flipping through it I was confused, thinking "Doesn't Knitpicks sell only their own yarn now?" Then I realized this wasn't the knitpicks catalog.

Anyway, I'm annoyed. Page 4? The Polo Sweater? Boxy and off the shoulders is modernizing? Isn't it 80s? Page 12, Magnum Yarn. Only 3 balls of yarn to make the Cardigan (which I actually think it cute). The yarn is $25. I can't justify $75 for a sweater that's only 3 balls of yarn. Ick. I didn't make it all the way through the catalog. Instead, I went to visit LimeNViolet to get the Snakes on a Sock pattern - I think I'm going to make them out of my "Pink is the new Black" yarn from Spunky Eclectic. Yes, that's what I'm going to do, and I'll start on it tonight / tomorrow on the way to the Mets game!

No comments:

Give Life, Donate Blood