12.31.2007

2007-in-review-meme

Interesting.

Where did you begin 2007?

What was your status by Valentine's Day?
Married.

Were you in school (anytime this year)?
As a middle school science teacher, yes. I haven't been in a classroom since June.

Did you have to go to the hospital?
Yes - one time to visit my dad / wait with my mom while dad had a procedure done on his heart, and the other time as a patient - giving birth to Lorelai!

Did you have any encounters with the police?
Nope.

Where did you go on vacation?
Ireland, Hershey PA, & New York City

What did you purchase that was over $500?
The car. Plane tickets for Sean's wedding next April.

Did you know anybody who got married?
Dan's cousin got married right after Thanksgiving, but we didn't attend.

Did you know anybody who passed away?
Nana, and she is still missed just as much!

Did you move anywhere?
I moved stuff around in the house to create a baby's room and change the craft room into a guest room.

What sporting events did you attend?
Nothing professional. I watched Dan & friends play horseshoes in the yard several times.

Describe your birthday:
Relaxing.

What's the one thing you thought you would never do but did in 2007?
Stop working? Give birth without drugs?

What has been your favorite moment(s)?
Telling Nana I was pregnant. Meeting Lorelai. Introducing Lorelai to her family, seeing how happy she makes everyone. Seeing my dad and brothers get all goofy over her. Getting out to SnB each week (for a while - I really want to get back to it). Touring Ireland.

What's something you learned about yourself?
That I can hack it as a mom - I have had some fabulous role models and I have a fabulous support system.

Any new additions to your family?
Lorelai Hope!

What was your best month?
That's hard to say. January to mid-June were all rough because of work. The rest of the year was consumed by my pregnancy, and for the most part it was all good. November was just all about waiting. December has been hectic and a whirlwind, but fun.

What music will you remember from 2007?
Gwen Stefani, Plain White Ts, Rhianna

Made new friends?
Yes, through Ravelry (Hi Kelly!) and SnB (Hi Sonya! Hi Eden!)

New best friend?
Those who are maintained their status!

Favorite night out?
New York City for My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center, Seeing my brother do his stand-up routines

Any regrets?
"Forget regret or life is yours to miss." Do the best you can with what you have while you have it.

What do you want to change in 2008?
I've got several of the same old resolutions of what I want to change...

Overall, how would you rate this year?
It was a rollercoaster year - highs and lows, positives and negatives, but it ended on a good note.

What would you change about 2007?
That Nana could have met Lorelai and that my other grandparents were in better health.

Other than home, where did you spend most of your time?
Target. And the doctor's office.

Have any life changes in 2007?
Yes, becoming a mom.

Change your hairstyle?
Yep, it was chopped and can now be worn down without clips.

Have any car accidents?
No.

Buy a new car?
Yes - we opted for a safer car with the arrival of the baby.

New BF/GF?
No

Get a new job?
Being a parent is my new job.

Do you have a New Year's resolution?
Always and it's not just one.

Do anything embarrassing?
Only mildly so.

Buy anything new from eBay?
Not this year.

What was your favorite purchase of 2007?
It's a hard choice - yarns, my new computer, Jackson's astronaut costume (which sadly didn't fit)

Get married or divorced?
No

Get arrested?
No

Be honest - did you watch American Idol?
Honestly I;ll watch most any reality crap, but not that.

Did you get sick this year?
I took a day off from school back in February. Anything else was fairly mild.

Start a new hobby?
Does Ravelry count?

Been snowboarding?
Not this year. I haven't been out to a mountain for skiing / snowboarding in years - I miss it.

Drank Starbucks in 2007?
Yes, thanks to listening to Lime & Violet, then going to SnB at Starbucks. A new one just opened in town, so I'm sure I'll drink more in 2008 as well.

Are you happy to see 2007 go?
I'm always happy for the new year, it feels like a fresh start. I am hopeful that 2008 will have more positives than negatives, but on the whole 2007 was not a bad year.

2 comments:

Ina said...

Happy New Year! Great year in review!

Anonymous said...

Hi back!
Yes, Ravelry definatly counts as a new hobby, and we hope to see you at SnB again soon!

Give Life, Donate Blood