Day Zero, Home of 101/1001 Project
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Start date : 01 January 2008
End date : 28 September 2010
Not yet started
1. Fill the large collage photo frames. (1/3)
2. Hang the photo-filled large collage photo frames (1/3)
3. Declutter: sell or give-away 101 material items I own (1/101)
5. Make enough yarn on the drop spindle to make a hat.
6. Learn to crochet.
7. Use crochet to make a simple amigurumi character.
9. See 10 movies in the movie theater (0/10)
11. Attend a sheep and wool festival in CT
12. Go to the local farmer's market 15 times (1/15)
13. Submit photos to the Durham and Guilford Fairs each year (0/6)
14. Submit knitted objects to the Durham and Guilford Fairs each year (0/6)
15. Photograph Lorelai on the 30th of each month (4/33)
16. Cook one new recipe a month (7/33)
**"Chicken Bruschetta Bake" from the Stove Top Stuffing Mix Box. Just ok.**
**"Curried Lamb" from Woman's Day Magazine, crock-pot recipe. Bland.**
**"Stuffed Pepper Soup" copycat recipe of 99 restuarant recipe. Burnt the soup. Ick.**
**Turkey & Brocolli Casserole thing from Taste Of Home Magazine. Not bad.
**Mini Lamb Burgers with Couscous Salad from Real Simple - Delish!
**Baked Mac-n-Cheese with Chicken Sausage from "6 o'clock Scramble" online - yummy!
**Blueberry Cake from Cooking Light - ok, but all the blueberries sank to the bottom!
17. Drink 2-3 Liters of water a day.
18. Write a letter to Koji and Noriko to tell them about Lorelai.
19. Knit a sweater for me that fits and I love.
20. Knit 30 socks (15 pairs) (4/30)
**Bartholomew's Sock #1 done 1/21/08**
**Bartholomew's Sock #2 done 2/4/08**
**Lenore Socks #1 & #2 done in 10 days! 2/14/08**
**Two wee socks (one for the wee sock swap) 3/30/08**
20. I want to make the “Heirloom Ring Blanket” for my mom. Deadline: December 2008.
22. Knit two mitered squares a month. (4/66)
23. Seam up mitered squares to make an afghan.
24. Update the blog once a week for a year. (12/52)
25. Go to four dachshund meet-ups. (1/4)
26. Use "the baby" SLR and shoot one roll of film every month (2.5/33)
27. Floss twice a week (4/286) Needs to be changed.
28. Get a routine physical with an internist.
29. Get a body scan to check on the freckles / moles.
30. Go to the dentist twice a year (0/6)
31. Start doing yoga once a week, build up to three times a week.
32. Take Jackson for a walk daily, weather permitting. (Let's face it, he's a dachshund and doesn't fare well in cold, wet, or snow)
33. Save $1 for every item completed from this list.
34. Sew a pair of pajama pants.
35. Read 10 books. (8/10)
**1) The Good Good Pig
**2) The Memory Keeper's Daughter
**3) The Tender Bar
**4) You're Not You
**5) Water for Elephants
**7) The Know-it-all
**8) Prince Caspian
36. Create a coordinated Halloween costume for Lorelai and Jackson.
37. I'm going to allow myself to purchase yarn with the condition that an equal (or greater) amount leaves the house.
38. Clean out and organize the junk drawers in the kitchen (1/2)
39. Write recipes on recipe cards as needed. No more torn out from magazine papers!
40. Send the grandparents a card / Lorelai photo once a month (4/33)
41. Post an Update of my 101 each month (2/33)
42. Grow plant / veggie garden from seed.
43. Grow 3 "new to me" plants / veggies each year (0/9)
44. Give blood once a year. (0/3)
45. Read "The Killer Angels".
47. Try out g-diapers.
48. Clean out email inbox and maintain so there's never more than 100 messages in there at a time.
49. Get a professional portrait of Lorelai.
50. Buy 5 gifts from etsy.com each year (1/15)
**PrettyInPosies hair clips for Lorelai**
51. Clean out / organize the bloglines reader to remove blogs unupdated / uninteresting / topics /etc. once each year (0/3)
52. Get back in shape to fit into my regular non-maternity clothes.
53. Bring old maternity clothes and newborn clothes to Beyond the Stork.
54. Replace the lights along the front walk.
55. Get back to at least my prepregnancy weight (minus an extra 5 - 7 pounds)
**As of 1/11/08 I'm down 28 pounds! 13 more to go to get to pre-preg.wt**
57. Rediscover my yarn stash - pair up 20 new projects with stash yarn. (0/20)
58. Complete 20 projects using stash yarn (2/20)
**1) Snowman Hat **2)Bunny Cozies
59. Knit 30 baby hats for charity, donate in Lorelai's name. (1/30)
60. Make my own sushi.
61. Make photocards for Valentine's Day,
65. Try 10 recipes from Alton Brown's "Good Eats" (0/10)
66. Host a holiday dinner for the family at least once a year. (1/3) Easter '08
67. Garden indoors with the AeroGarden, maintain the water and nutrients.
68. Get a bikini wax.
69. Vote for president.
70. Listen to 8 audio-books. (3/8)
**1) Microthrills by Wendy Spero
**2) The Knitting Circle by Ann Hood
**3) Certain Girls by Jennifer Weiner
71. Get my first tattoo
72. Go back to church
73. Knit three projects from each knitting book I own.
**Itty Bitty Hats a)Snowman Hat b)Bunny Tails Hat c)Upside-Down Daisy
**Mason-Dixon Knitting a)Baby Genius Burp Cloth
**Does Gymboree count? Went to class on 1/9/08, plan to keep going**
**Found a local group - much better in terms of time and location!**
77. Expose myself to new music: Listen to one new artist a week (3/143)
80. Write a letter a month (2/33)
81. Sort through the boxes brought home from school.
82. Fully update stash on ravelry.
83. Fully update books on ravelry.
84. Fully update needles on ravelry.
85. Go to one SnB meetup a month (3/33)
86. Reorganize dresser drawers.
87. Reorganize closet.
88. Reorganize cosmetics / lotions / soaps / etc in bathroom.
89. Improve cleaning efforts - once a week: kitchen floor, bathroom, dust. (1/143)
90. Answer questions that are asked (yes or no! not my own answer)
91. Attempt to lessen the carbon footprint of this household.
92. Knit all holiday gifts by December 13.
93. Embroider a onesie for Lorelai.
94. Use the canvas / knit bags not plastic when shopping.
95. Try sign language with Lorelai - 5 signs (0/5)
96. Come in second in the fantasy football league.
97. Read more than just the Art section of the New York Times Weekend Edition (\2\4/143)
98. Eat vegetarian for a week.
99. Learn to make pancakes.
100. Eat out at 5 new restaurants (4/5)
**The Time Out Tavern, Durham, CT
**The New Deal Steakplace, Westbrook, CT
**Mia Dona, New York City
**Nellie Green, Branford, CT
101. Smile everyday. Be a good example / role model for my daughter. Be a good wife to my husband.