1.30.2008

101 Update - January

My 101 List Update, Revisions, Additions & Subtractions.

I've completed 4 things (#46 56, 76, 79). I've got lots "in progress".
16. Cook one new recipe a month (2/33) - The two I tried so far were not so wonderful. I don't mind trying new things so I will continue. I am fairly certain I will get to 33 well before the end of the 1001 days.

17. Drink 2-3 Liters of water a day. - Between the Nalgene bottle and a big poland spring bottle that I always keep in the fridge, I'm doing pretty well with this one. It's harder now that I'm not pregnant (and therefore, not thirsty) but I'm making it work.

20. Knit 30 socks (15 pairs) (1/30) - Bartholmew Sock #1

22. Knit two mitered squares a month. (1/66) - The second one for this month I'll do tonight.

24. Update the blog once a week for a year. (3/52)

27. Floss twice a week (4/286) - I'm slipping on this one. Even at once a week though, I'm flossing WAY more than I used to do. Keep it up, me!

31. Start doing yoga once a week, build up to three times a week. - After Steve Ross kicked my ass, I've been sluggish. I did a 20-minute yoga last week, and haven't done anything else since. Shame on me.

32. Take Jackson for a walk daily, weather permitting. (Let's face it, he's a dachshund and doesn't fare well in cold, wet, or snow) - Meh. New England in the winter.

33. Save $1 for every item completed from this list. - I've got my $4 stashed away.

35. Read 10 books. (2/10) - Two down and they were both great! Onto #3, The Tender Bar.

36. Create a coordinated Halloween costume for Lorelai and Jackson. - It's all in my head, but I've got ideas.

38. Clean out and organize the junk drawers in the kitchen (1/2) - One down.

39. Write recipes on recipe cards as needed. No more torn out from magazine papers! - I'm writing the recipes down as I use them. Good way to sort through things I've previously torn out.

40. Send the grandparents a card / Lorelai photo once a month (2/33) - January, done.

41. Post an Update of my 101 each month (1/33)

48. Clean out email inbox and maintain so there's never more than 100 messages in there at a time. - This is taking a lot longer than I thought it would!

50. Buy 5 gifts from etsy.com each year (1/15)

55. Get back to at least my prepregnancy weight (minus an extra 5 - 7 pounds)

58. Complete 20 projects using stash yarn (1/20) – Snowman Hat

59. Knit 30 baby hats for charity, donate in Lorelai's name. (1/30)

73. Knit three projects from each knitting book I own. Snowman Hat.

74. Join a local mom+baby group.

77. Expose myself to new music: Listen to one new artist a week (1/143) – I bought “The Weepies” cd from iTunes. I’ve been listening to the music channels on tv to hear new music, and pandora, but haven’t invested in anything else yet. Must step this up.

78. See if the nerds / geeks can rescue the data from the Dell hard drive. – Waiting to hear back from them.

85. Go to one SnB meetup a month (1/33) – I went to one, took Lorelai to another, and it seems like there is an informal one in town forming. Yay!

88. Reorganize cosmetics / lotions / soaps / etc in bathroom. – Ugh. Too much stuff.

89. Improve cleaning efforts - once a week: kitchen floor, bathroom, dust. (1/143) – Well, it’s neater around here. I’m lurking about the FLYlady.

90. Answer questions that are asked (yes or no! not my own answer)

91. Attempt to lessen the carbon footprint of this household.

94. Use the canvas / knit bags not plastic when shopping.

97. Read more than just the Art section of the New York Times Weekend Edition (\2/143) – I really like the Sunday Styles, Book Review, Magazine

101. Smile everyday. Be a good example / role model for my daughter. Be a good wife to my husband.

Revisions / Subtractions
11. Join Stroller Strides and attend class once a week. (0/143) - I emailed the group and never heard back from them, so this one is going out the window. #11 will now be changed to "Attend a sheep and wool festival in CT."

21. Knit an afghan for J&J wedding. Deadline: June,2008. – I’ve decided that J would probably not appreciate an afghan. I’ll buy them something off a registry. Instead, I want to make the “Heirloom Ring Blanket” for my mom. Deadline: December 2008.

37. After using the Christmas Gift Certificates, no yarn buying until my birthday. Exception: Yarn for J&J Wedding afghan - I'm going to allow myself to purchase yarn with the condition that an equal (or greater) amount leaves the house. I bought yarn when I went to SnB two weeks ago, so I brought 3 bags (a mix of stuff) to SnB last week and came home with very little of it! Score! As I bought sock yarn from the Loopy Ewe and Eat.Sleep.Knit and will not feel bad about it.

1 comment:

mad knitter said...

Oh my goodness! I just found your 101 things list on your blog and I am so impressed! Not only with the list but with the progress you've made already! You go girl! I'd love to hear more about your yoga regimen. I don't really know much about it but hear that it can do great things for you.

Crocketlocket on Ravelry has a baby hat drive going, if you're interested.

Give Life, Donate Blood