11.29.2009

And finally, I can sit.

For a moment.

The last week or so has been such a blur - there were multiple visits with family, houseguests of all kinds for three days straight and Thanksgiving. It's been good.

We hosted Thanksgiving again - it is a lot of work, but between myself and Dan, my brothers, sister-in-law and a brother's girlfriend there were many many helpful and talented hands at work. They made it so much easier and I am so happy that they were able to be here and enjoy themselves at the same time (I think they all had a good time too!) We hosted 14 people, and I made everyone into Pilgrims for the special day.
IMG_8829
(Some family members don't want to be viewed online. Hence, you get to see their backsides.)

I made pilgrim placecards and it was a fun craft project - drove Dan a bit crazy though with all that cutting and pasting. In the end it was worth it - everyone got a big kick out it.
IMG_8828

Lorelai turns 2 tomorrow (OMG.) and she had a blast at Thanksgiving - she's at a really fun age.
Little Miss November

We celebrated her birthday a little earlier since the family was all there.
We like our sweets
I swear, I did not teach her to swipe a taste of frosting.

One of the best parts of the day for me was that I was able to give my uncle a kidney! He's actually going to be donating a kidney in a few weeks - just because he can and he thought it was something good to do. He's so awesome.
Kidney Donor
When he took the kidney out of the bag he told me how he was told to get a small / bean / kidney shaped pillow for when he leaves the hospital and this would be perfect, and where did I find such a thing? I told him I made it and he was floored - he got a big kick out of it. This is the first thing I have knit for him, so I am very glad it was a success!

And then on Friday we had a rather grown up yet laid back party with some friends from high school - it was nice to just hang out. And the kidlets could play too -
Playtime!
They had a great time (I think, I hope!)

Here we are, sunday. It's quiet. The house is mostly returned to normal. We've done a little shopping online. I need to take down the fall decorations and work on getting Christmas up, but I'm ok to put that off for a few more days. I've got some deadline knitting to work on and some other things to give a good think while I knit.

4 comments:

sara said...

Those are cute Pilgrims! And I have much respect for your uncle. I hope his recovery will be quick :-)

Virginia said...

OMG, Happy Birthday, Lorelai!!!!! It was so much fun celebrating with you guys. We got our Xmas tree yesterday and I am going to attach paper clips to our pilgrim selves so they can become ornaments.

Thank you, Becca! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Your uncle is a rockstar (and quite young looking too!!).

Those pilgrims are so clever. Happy Birthday to the Lorax and I'm glad that Thanksgiving went off without a hitch.

Matt and Sara in Chile said...

Becca,
Thanks so much for hosting Matt & I for Thanksgiving. You made me really feel like part of the family. Hanging out with you and Lorelai was wonderful. I remember when she was born and how happy Matt was to be an uncle. I have a couple great photos of the little one and Uncle Matt. I'll be sure to get them to you.
Thanks again and I hope you & Dan make it down to the city to visit our apartment soon!
-Sara

Give Life, Donate Blood