Sweet, simple, fun, filtered.
Everyday moments from your week captured with nothing but a cell phone.
life rearranged

Baby bum! I am very lucky that even with the baby on the move and getting into the older one's stuff, she is still really sweet on her brother.

 There was a great rainbow (double even!) after a storm over the weekend.  This was the best picture I could get - by the time I grabbed the good camera it was already fading.  I was really impressed by how vibrant this one was - unusual for CT.  I feel like even when I was in Hawaii, I never saw a rainbow that bright.
 The Lorax is a big Max & Ruby fan and seems especially taken with Bunny Scouts. So when I saw the Pretend Play Sash with Badges I knew it was perfect.  When I asked what she did that she could make a badge for, I was expecting her to talk about swimming lessons. Instead she said "I helped take care of Nate" - so this is the "Taking Care of My Brother" badge - she drew the two of them on there and per her request I added the heart.  She also made a star badge and a "cinderella" badge with a pumpkin and her name. 

 This is a better view of the Stitched by JessaLu bag that I received this week.  The yarn is Socktopus yarn in the "Lorelai" colorway. I'm planning to start a Wingspan shawl soon. 

Our first week of summer vacation is just about done.  I am pleased that I am not completely stressed out with Lorelai home full time again.  I have been trying to do "school" with her each day - she's working on writing letters or doing a few worksheets - it's short, maybe 5 minutes? But it is something and she likes it, so we keep at it.  I've got a bunch of stuff lined up (thank you Pinterest) to try and cover other activities. Today for school we cooked - we have a rainbow cake in the oven right now.   I hope it turns out ok, but even if it doesn't cake is cake!


Jessica said...

Love that bag!

Zakka Life said...

I'm so happy to see the badges put to use. And that's so sweet that your daughter made a "taking care of my brother badge".

IRINA said...

Your blog is fantastic, congratulation, you made things amazing.♥♥♥

Give Life, Donate Blood