6.06.2012

Yarn Along - June 6

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~ small things
Yarn Along June 6
There is a lot going on this week! I have finished the main portion of my Lanesplitter skirt and I love how it is turning out. Seaming is the next step, then picking up for the waistband. I think I will have to sit and focus on that, hopefully within the week that will be done. I have also been working on the toe of a sock for Dan. I have a swatch for Gemini in Silky Wool. You can just see a peak at my new project bag in the corner. It is a "Stitched by JessaLu" bag that was a fundraiser for Ovarian Cancer event that other knitters (Sairy & Holyknitballs) were participating in as the "Teal Deer" team (AWESOME.) I have only heard about these bags and I have to say I was completely floored when I opened it up yesterday. I love love love this bag and can see purchasing more in the future. The quality is fantastic, and she's from Massachusetts, so she's local! I am pretty sure that I will blog about it again on its own - I have a ball of yarn in there ready to become a new shawl project, but I haven't actually started on it yet. Soon.

What am I reading? I treated myself to Principles of Knitting. I was so giddy over its arrival - I haven't bought a textbook in over ten years, and it is a serious textbook on par with any of my chemistry textbooks! I finished the second "Fifty Shades" book - meh. It was better than the first, in my opinion. I will read the third just to see how it all finishes, but after this I am going to need a serious dose of brain bleach in the form of classy, serious literature. "Pride and Prejudice" or "The Great Gatsby" or something! From the library I picked up Mom & Me Knits - it is cute and sweet, and the Lorax actually liked the sweater set that I liked, the Surfer Tee, which looks quite comfy (and not too matchy-matchy).

I also wanted to share two favorite kid books we are reading this week. We are HUGE Mo Willems fans in this house. The newest of the Pigeon books, The Duckling Gets a Cookie? does not disappoint! You know a children's book is good when your child reads it before you read it together and can tell from the pictures this is a funny book. I love how much emotion that the Pigeon conveys in such a simple drawing. 
IMG_4841

Wiever Wolf is another good one. Some of the illustrations are a little intense (spoiler alert, the dachshund runs off with the wolves), but the story is cute and the dachshund depictions are spot on!
IMG_4843
This looks just like Jackson, in a sweater, under my knitting. I hope he doesn't think life is too tame!!

3 comments:

WifeMomKnitter said...

I liked the second book better, too, Becca. Still disliked Ana even throughout the third book. You weren't alone. :-)

Leslie said...

I have to get Wiever Wolf - that doxie is priceless.

Mistea said...

A knitting textbook - I am intrigued.
Love the look of your skirt, the colours are perfect together.
Enjoy your books.

Give Life, Donate Blood