8.08.2004

This is for my secret pal

*waves hello* This post is more of an "about me" sort of thing, until I figure out how to add that sort of page to this blog. I sent my pal the link to my other online journal, but figured it would be okay to add something here.

Becca - a lefty, self taught knitter. Currently has the following works in progress (yarn is bought / on the needles): 2 pairs of Broad Street Mittens, Multidirectional scarf, DNA scarf, bottoms up hat, 2 pairs of socks, purple cardigan sweater, light blue summer cardigan sweater, toy lamb, honeymoon cami.

I like to think I'm not a yarn snob, as I do use lion brand (it's not all bad!) and red heart, but I have seen what else is out there. It's like going candy shopping at CVS and then candy shopping at Dylan's Candy Bar in NYcity.

My allergies are seasonal, to pollen, but *knock wood* they haven't been bad this year.

I have a wish list on amazon.com.

I have a massive sweet tooth. Jelly beans / mike-and-ikes are my favorites.

I adore the blue-green-purple range of colors.

I currently live at home with my parents but am planning to move in with my fiance in the upcoming weeks before school starts. I teach science to students in grades 5 - 8; I actually started out planning to be an environmental chemist, but got burnt out in grad school. I worked retail for a year (at a fabulous stationery shop, i've been there on and off for 6 years) and went through an alternative route program to get my teaching certification (done!). I love being a teacher - it's the hardest thing I have done yet, and I can't see myself doing anything else!

I am getting married the day after thanksgiving this year to my boyfriend of 8 years - we went to high school together and just kept up our relationship. He is wonderful beyond words. So, while I am on summer vacation for the next few weeks, I am busy planning the wedding (we finally got the bridesmaids their dresses), planning for school and relaxing.

Quickie Favorites:
Movies: The Princess Bride, Singin'in the Rain, Rebel without a Cause, Say Anthing, the Muppet Movies
Music: Barenaked Ladies, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Dave Matthews Band, Alanis Morrisette, Tori Amos, Ani Difranco, 80's music - I listen to pretty much everything except country
Actors John Cusack, Tom Hanks, Brad Pitt, Nicole Kidman, Renee Zelwieger
Misc. Hello Kitty, Paper, stickers, Becky Kelly, Kate Spade, Origins, Bath-and-Body Works, Bamboo Needles, Chad Pennington, basketball, environmentally friendly stuff, Burts Bees

I hope this helps give you a better picture of me!

No comments:

Give Life, Donate Blood