10.26.2011

Yarn Along - Oct 26

From small things
~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~

photo.JPG
It's been an exciting week around this blog. The Yarn Harlot, after meeting TheatreKnitter, gave a shout out / linked to my blog for the PatPat's Hats project! Oh my. My little blog got 3,000 views over 4 days!! Crazy in the best possible way and I am so happy to help PatPat's Hats. The response has been very positive - there is a facebook page and a Ravelry group. While the initial donation is going to be made in January, this is anticipated to be an annual event.

On to the Yarn Along - I finished "Tattoos on the Heart" - I really enjoyed reading about Homeboy-industries. I keep thinking of the Anne Frank quote too, about how despite all that happens, deep down you have to believe that people are good at heart. I've been considering Christmas knitting and have cast on a few projects, shown here, neither of which though are Christmas gifts. The purple thing I hope to show off soon as it was an impulse project. The red and brown striped item is going to be a sweater for Nate. I love the fall chill in the air, that also seems to be in my house - I don't love that as it is not good for being energy efficient, but I love the feeling of wanting a cup of tea throughout the day and snuggling under a blanket at night. I have also been able to work on a few rows of the neon nightmare without breaking out in a sweat.

I feel like I am starting to find a few more moments during the day for some knitting, thank goodness!! The evenings are more of a challenge, but I will take what I can get!

1 comment:

(lia) said...

OOoo! Tattoos on the Heart is my next book! I read "Fr. G & the Homeboys" a couple weeks ago. It's from early on in Fr. G's work in LA. Because it chronicles the most difficult time in Aliso Viejo it's a pretty tough read but worth it, I think.

Give Life, Donate Blood