11.30.2011

Yarn Along - Nov 30

Wednesdays are for Yarn Along!
"~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr.~"

I finished "The Help" (really enjoyed it!) and have started "The Hunger Games" (I'm hooked!), but right now my kindle is upstairs. I've got one more part of the vest for Nate to finish and I am a thumb away from having a finished pair of thrummed mitts!
IMG_3234

I've also been working on a knitting job for Lorna's Laces with Kristi Porter, so that has been fun. It is a project somewhat under wraps for now, so this is the best I can show.
IMG_3231
Yarn and garment in progress.

As I was coming in to take pictures and blog this scene awaited me. So appropriate for Yarn Along, right?
IMG_3226
IMG_3230
She is reading a Disney Fairies book to her dolls. The last few times we were at the library she has been adamant about getting "books without pictures"! We read a chapter book (one of the Rainbow Fairies series) last week at bedtime, a chapter each night, and she seemed to like that. Would you believe this girl is 4 today!! That deserves a post of its own (hopefully with photos I do not capture on the sly!).

1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Adorable picture and Happy Birthday Lorelei! and oh Lorna's Laces, their shepard worsted is a favorite!

Give Life, Donate Blood