12.27.2011

Yarn Along - December 28

from small things
~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~
photo.JPG
I truly believe there is not much better than a big stack of books! I am a very lucky gal and this pile was given to me for Christmas. Make the Bread, Buy the Butter is fantastic so far - this book has made me chuckle several times. I love the "tell-it-like-it-is" - I have a cookbook that my mom and grandmother also have - when I got my copy I had to borrow mom's to copy all her notes (Gooey, Not worth the trouble, Looks awful tastes delish!etc). The Knitter's Book of Socks has been on my wishlist for a while. It is a readable book, a reference book, an inspiring knitting book. Good stuff. Dan's next pair of socks are coming from that book I believe. The Big Book of Knitted Monsters has some fun toy patterns that has me eyeballing my stash leftovers. And another knitting book - Baby Beanies. My kid's heads are only getting bigger and there is a new crop of babies due next year! At the bottom of the pile is a book my Dad made, "The Year Lorelai Met Nathaniel" - he puts together a photo book each year of some of his best shots. I do a similar project for the grandparents, but it is really nice to get one as well with different shots!

There is one lonely little hexi-flat. I am re-thinking the "Beekeeper Quilt" project. I am still planning to do it, over a long period of time, but now I think I do not want to stuff and puff these little pieces. This little hexi is 100% cashmere (LOVELY!) and the mini was sent to me through a "Secret Santa" swap on Ravelry. I knit it up on Christmas Eve while traveling and would keep stopping the knitting to fondle the fabric.

I love giving books at Christmas as well, and the Lorax received a new one that we have already read many times - Christmas in the Big Woods. Nate also received some new board books - Eric Carle and Dinosaurs, already big hits!
IMG_3588
IMG_3593

No comments:

Give Life, Donate Blood