3.07.2012

Yarn Along - March 7

from small things:
~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

Yarn Along - March 7
For me, February seemed to last a really long time. Maybe because it was a leap year? It ended in a whirlwind though, a very positive one. My reading has been on the back burner. I tried to start In the Garden of Beasts, but just couldn't do it. My parents both recommended it. I am sure at some point I will try it again. I also borrowed Revenge of the Radioactive Lady as an e-book from my library, but I haven't even put it on my kindle yet, so I don't think that one will be read right now either. So what have I been reading? Extra Yarn by Mac Barnett - it is a very sweet book about a little girl who yarn bombs a town! Adorable. The illustrations are wonderful too as the town goes from black and white to color. We were excited to recognize a few items from Jon Klassen's book I Want My Hat Back.

And the knitting. You can see in the photo two little critters. They are two knit monsters from Rebecca Danger's book and are gifts for Ravelry friend. The rainbow blob they are all on top of? That is a new yarn / new pattern for a yarn company, so I suppose that is my "work knitting". It is coming along and the colors are refreshing, hinting of spring that is certainly on its way!

5 comments:

Jessica Snell said...

we got "Extra Yarn" out of the library last week, and my kids were really excited tor recognize the bear from Klassen's other book too!

Unknown said...

Rebecca Danger has such cute knitting patterns! I posted a link to some really fun bunny patterns of hers in my blog yesterday- http://twyste.com/2012/03/06/spring-knitting/

WifeMomKnitter said...

Oh my goodness! Can you please, please bring "Extra Yarn" to SnB tomorrow night? I've been dying to look at this book.

steph said...

I listened to In the Garden of Beasts as an audiobook--and yes, it was good--but given the choice between the two..........Extra Yarn wins!!! What a cute story!!!

A Faithful Journey said...

Going to have to request that book from the library! I think it is something the kids and I would really enjoy!!

The rainbow yarn is gorgeous! Perfect for spring!

Give Life, Donate Blood