2.13.2013

Still digging out, now with more amigurumis!

Untitled
On Monday, I looked out the window to see this. A pay loader on our street to clear a path down the street.  It then got stuck at the top of our street and had to be rescued by a plow. Crazy. My husband and I worked in shifts and made steady progress to clear our driveway. Yesterday, his brother came over to help with the rest. It's clear enough to get one car in / out, but it's tight. I'm hoping that our usual plow guy can come by and help widen things a bit. And maybe clear whatever we're forecast to get tonight.

Untitled
Good thing we cleared it, as our mailbox is still inaccessible. The mail-person had some guts and drove their truck down our driveway to deliver the mail. There was not much considering we haven't gotten mail since Friday! There was a swap box for me - I received an adorable baby unicorn & an "OctoPaul" & "OctoPolly" for my little ones! As soon as I started to open the box, Lorelai piped up, "Can I have that?".  They are adorable! Thank you very much to Cindy, my swap pal!

UntitledAfter I finished my slug, Lorelai requested a princess one.  A bit of stash diving and voila! Princess, the tiara-less, slug! I used one skein of bulky for the body and double up on other stash yarn for the eyes, foot & antennae.  It's maybe 6 inches tall and 10 inches long! I left it outside her bedroom door last night to surprise her.  Success! 
IMG_5467

No comments:

Give Life, Donate Blood