6.04.2005

Dirt lover

I can not quite put my green thumb on what it is, but there is something very satisfying about gardening. My dad has gardened forever, and I always tried to help. Lucky me, some of all that practice paid off :) Currently I'm successful at getting some seeds started! I am trying to be patient as I wait for the morning glories, sunflowers, and other things to get much bigger!

I've been making slow and steady progress on the Rebecca wrap - I really want to finish it if only to say I finished it!! There are so many projects to be attempted!!

I found out today who I have for SP5 - I'm looking forward to making contact. For the person who has me, I'm re-posting and editing my previous survey answers:
(me, in a nutshell)

Becca - a lefty, self taught knitter. Currently has the following works in progress (yarn is bought / on the needles): Rebecca #29 eyelet wrap cardigan, a prayer shawl for my Nana

I like to think I'm not a yarn snob, as I do use lion brand (it's not all bad!) and red heart, but I have seen what else is out there. It's like going candy shopping at CVS and then candy shopping at Dylan's Candy Bar in NYcity.

My allergies are seasonal, to pollen, but *knock wood* they haven't been bad this year.

I have a wish list on amazon.com.

I have a massive sweet tooth. Jelly beans / mike-and-ikes are my favorites.

I adore the blue-green-purple range of colors.

I live with my husband - we've been married 6 months. I teach science to students in grades 5 - 8; I actually started out planning to be an environmental chemist, but got burnt out in grad school. I worked retail for a year (at a fabulous stationery shop, i've been there on and off for 6 years) and went through an alternative route program to get my teaching certification (done!). I love being a teacher - it's the hardest thing I have done yet, and I can't see myself doing anything else!

Quickie Favorites:
Movies: The Princess Bride, Singin'in the Rain, Rebel without a Cause, Say Anthing, the Muppet Movies
Music: Barenaked Ladies, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Dave Matthews Band, Alanis Morrisette, Tori Amos, Ani Difranco, 80's music - I listen to pretty much everything except country (yes, I'm mp3 compatable)
Actors John Cusack, Tom Hanks, Brad Pitt, Nicole Kidman, Renee Zelwieger
Misc. Hello Kitty, Paper, stickers, Becky Kelly, Kate Spade, Origins, Bath-and-Body Works, Bamboo Needles, Chad Pennington, basketball, environmentally friendly stuff, Burts Bees

I am into photography, doodling, stickering, gardening and interested in trying most DIY things.

My life dream is to always be content with what I'm doing, to see the lighter side of life, to not forget to laugh (at myself) and to always try my best. In that vein, I would like to own a home, plant a garden, raise a family of happy children, continue to make my family proud of me, and have pets!

Favorite yarns? Currently I adore lamb's pride. I love Koigu. I recently learned how wonderful Noro is.

I don't really like the eyelashy / overly furry yarns.

My knitting obsession is starting projects. And the magazines.

I really enjoy socks, now that I have it down.

No needle preference, although I will say that now that I know how to do socks on 2 circulars, it's hard to go back to dpns (I keep pulling out a needle that has stitches on it)

Bamboo rules.

My oldest UFO is the purple cardigan sweater - the yarn was bought in 2002, I began working on it in '02-'03 and completely frogged it and started over. The button holes are messing with my head.

Animated characters I like: Hello Kitty, Sanrio, San-X, powerpuff girls, strawberry shortcake, muppets

Favorite animals are rainforest poison dart frogs.

Favorite holiday is thanksgiving.

I had a massive frog collection going, but I'm trying to limit it.

I would love to get back issues of Rebecca (I have the home and the one before that, with the eyelet wrap, but no others).

No comments:

Give Life, Donate Blood