11.06.2006

Knit Mitt Kit Swap Questions / Answers

What are your favorite colors? blue, green, purple
Are you a new mitt knitter? Sorta - I've made fingerless gloves, wrist warmers, and broad street (convertable mittens, from knitty.com) - but haven't made mittens yet.

How long have you been knitting mittens? About 4 years now

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? I like both - I used to be big with the multicolored, but my tastes seem to be swinging back towards solids

What fibers do you prefer in mitten yarn? Something warm and soft - keep the wind+wet out!

Where do you usually knit mittens? At home

How do you usually carry/store small projects? I have a series of bags / pouches

What are your favorite mitten patterns? I don't know yet...

What are your favorite mitten knitting techniques? I suppose if I could do it in the round on two circulars, that would win!

What new techniques would you like to try? Fair Isle (I'm scared of it!) Thrummed.

What are your favorite needles for knitting mittens? Bamboo, it's good for the planet!

What are some of your favorite yarns? Blue Sky Alpaca, alpaca alpaca alpaca

What yarn do you totally covet? Lobster Pot yarn

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? The "Touch Me" scarf

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? circular, bamboo

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Fun, traditional with a twist

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? jelly beans / mike & Ikes

What’s your favorite animal? Dog (I have a dachshund) and rainforest frogs and owls

Would you prefer super warm mittens or something more like fingerless mitts?
That's a hard question. I am all for the warmth, but probably would use fingerless mitts more often

If you were a color what color would you be? a shade of blue-purple-green-grey

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? A sunflower close up - I love the repeating pattern

Do you have a wishlist? Yes, on amazon

Anything else you’d like to share with the group today? I am intrigued and challenged by this and look forward to playing along!!

1 comment:

Life's a Stitch said...

Oh I'm a jelly bean/Mike and Ike person,too. Also Hot Tamales. Yumm.
Li

Give Life, Donate Blood