12.23.2006

It's a good day for yarn

I got to open a gift early from Dan...

Dude! That's cashmere!! I am so so so excited!! And, there's a gift certificate to my favorite yarn store, Yarns Down Under. I'm thinking that I want to make a scarf and fingerless gloves for me.
I had been looking at Dee-Luxe or the Woven Cable Scarf or maybe even the irish hiking scarf.... ideas?? Help!

I finished up the knitting project gifts for those who (I hope) will appreciate it:

A scarf for my brother (Harlot's pattern), a scarf for my cousin, and flower facecloths for my cousin and aunt. I had planned to make a few more items, but they didn't pan out and / or I changed my mind about the recipient actually liking getting something handmade...

The mail came and brought goodies from The Loopy Ewe:
Carbon Dioxide - Interlacements Tiny Toes sock yarn.

Berry Sweet Georgia Yarn & Rainforest Fleece Artist Yarn

She also included a little sample card and a DPN inventory card - excellent. Everything was packed so lovely - will use them again!

And, Scout's Indie Swag Club arrived too!
Glampyre "Rock the Stars" sock pattern, gorgeous yarn:

And the cutest snowmen stitchmarkers from Goodtobegirl.com


We went out with my folks last night to see The Santaland Diaries - excellent! It's going to be a busy weekend - party tonight, working then going to RI on Sunday, going to Long Island on Monday - but that is part of the fun!

No comments:

Give Life, Donate Blood