Me Me Me

I love the fact that vacation allows me more time to knit, but I want to count these items as the first FOs of 2007! I've completed a pair of Fetching, from knitty with some of the cashmere yarn from Dan. I've also made up Calorimetry, also from knitty - it just needs a button! Photos to come.

Make Me's Pledge
I promise to knit for myself in 2007. I promise to make at least two items for myself for every one item I make for a friend. I promise to use more luxury yarns on myself than on others. I promise to laugh wildly every time someone says, "oh that's nice! Can you knit one for me?" I promise to feign illness whenever I see someone coming toward me with a sweater pattern and 20 pounds of Red Heart yarn. When Christmas time comes I will not panic and will give those who clamor for handknit gifts, yarn, needles, pattern and a coupon for free knitting lessons. In the year 2007 I promise to model more handknitted items than ever before. I will be glad to be known as "That Crazy Knit Chick."


jae said...

Love the pledge! I'm going to say it for myself as well!

Holly Burnham said...

There should be a law: If someone asks you to knit them something, they must sit by you and watch every stitch you take. Non-knitters have no clue how much of your life goes in each piece.

ashley said...

Sounds like you've got next year all planned out! I like that, knit 2 items for me for every 1 I make for someone else. I might have to do that. :-D

Give Life, Donate Blood