6.22.2009

Birthday Nutshell

So now, I'm 30 plus 1. As my dad said to me on Saturday, having birthdays is much better than the alternative you know. Thanks dad. :) It was a really good birthday - I got to do a little bit of everything! And there's stuff to look forward to - like U2!!!! - September 20 cannot get here soon enough!

On Saturday I also went to a shower for a fellow knitter - it was such a nice event and how cool it was to be able to pull out the knitting and NO ONE thinks twice about it?! And to not be the only one knitting?! Good times!
Shower!
I just wish I had taken more photos! I had a lot of fun knitting up a hat and puppet for the new baby.
Anne & Baby Maggie's Hat
Flower Hat for baby Bug, now with eyes!
I wish I could have stayed longer (these gals are a lot of fun to hang out with!) but I *had* to come home so we could head out for birthday dinner at Cafe Goodfellas - fantastic!

I was gifted gift certificates to the LYSs around here so I'll be project planning soon. I was also gifted a skein of Hudson Valley (Martha's Vineyard) Fiber Farm Yarn:
photo.jpg
It's not so red, more raspberry-ish, but soft and gorgeous!

And yarn arrived in the mail! Adding to my sock yarn stash, Schaefer Yarn "Nichole" in Indigo, Sage and Bluebell:
Schaefer Yarns

And my "payment" from Lorna's Laces - yarn to make Sundog for Lorelai - Island Blue and Iris Garden.
Sundog WIP

I finished a pair of socks - Yarn Harlot's basic sock recipe, j.knits "Florida" colorway:
Juice Socks
I really love how it knit up - I was a bit unsure about the skein - it was so bright!

Today, I got a birthday gift from Betsy - small sock appropriate stitch markers - for the decreases and "yo's" - I'm looking at doing "Ishbel" so they will also be so handy for that!! Thank you!
New Stitch Markers!

I can feel the multiple projects creeping up on me again - I have so many ideas and it's hard to get those stitches I picture in my head to the actual fabric! I think summer is good for that, the slate is clean for the moment - even if the nutshell is cluttered!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a great shower and I was so glad that you could come.

I'm glad you had a nice birthday too!

I'll have to try Cafe Goodfellas. It sounds like it is right up Matt's alley.

Sunflowerfairy said...

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a good one. :)

Anonymous said...

It was a great shower. You made her such cute things. That hat! Love! It was nice to get to spend some of your birthday with you. Hope you had a wonderful day!

Give Life, Donate Blood