1.04.2010

Pantry Check In

Good post today about the "Pantry Eating Adventure" over on Money Saving Mom. I went grocery shopping today - my list was not the best it could have been, my menu plan is still a bit jumbled up, and I think I'm really still in "stockpile" mode. For instance, a yogurt that I like (and the Lorax likes) was on sale - buy 1 get 2 free, already a score. And I had a coupon for $1 off 6. I ended up with 9 yogurts for $1.25, or 14 cents each. Score. But I still bought the Lorax her own yogurt (on sale and with coupon). I can see that I really need to adjust my thinking. Also, shopping with a toddler is not the best situation to be thinking about meal plans / prices / discounts / coupons / etc. Next week she will not be with me on the grocery trip. I spent less than I usually do, but still more than I wanted. I did get a coupon for $7 off $50 future purchase (and I've got a coupon coming for $10 off $50 in the mail) so that will be a benefit as well, and I might actually stay under $150 for the month. Hm.

No comments:

Give Life, Donate Blood