7.30.2010

A few little things

And it's not crochet! Last night at SnB I whipped up a little Butterfly Ring - I had grand visions of all the cool butterflies I would make with my leftover sock yarns.
Butterfly Ring
I made one. It is a very quick project (like I said, I was at knitting - it took maybe 30 - 40 minutes?), but was a little fiddly - so many ends! I've given this to the Lorax and I don't know that I will make more - maybe when she's older.

I heard a quick piece on the radio today - I think it was a sound bite for an upcoming interview with Marc Cohen? - he mentioned the music you hear when you're around age 11 really sticks with you and has a lot of meaning for you. For me, that would be 1989. So I googled a bit to jog my memory. From PopCultureMadness.com - The 100 Most Requested Songs - That's about right. My musical loyalty still makes me play all of these. In the time just before Nirvana, when big hair bands were still big and 80s pop was still radical... (I have to go update my iTunes now)
1. Love Shack - B-52's
2. Funky Cold Medina - Tone Loc
3. Bust A Move - Young MC
4. Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler
5. Like A Prayer - Madonna
6. Joy and Pain - Rob Base & D.J. E-Z Rock
7. All I Want Is You - U2
8. Patience - Guns N Roses
9. She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals
10. Kiss - Art of Noise featuring Tom Jones
11. Lay Your Hands On Me - Bon Jovi
12. Put A Little Love In Your Heart - Annie Lennox and Al Green
13. Angel of Harlem - U2
14. Get On Your Feet - Gloria Estefan
15. My Perogative - Bobby Brown
16. The Best - Tina Turner
17. Paradise City - Guns N Roses
18. Wild Thing - Tone Loc
19. Every Little Step - Bobby Brown
20. I'll Be There For You - Bon Jovi
21. Another Day In Paradise - Phil Collins
22. Love In An Elevator - Aerosmith
23. Keep On Movin' - Soul II Soul
24. Don't Know Much - Linda Ronstadt & Aaron Neville
25. Eternal Flame - the Bangles
26. Express Yourself - Madonna
27. Smooth Criminal - Michael Jackson
28. After All - Cher and Peter Cetera
29. Buffalo Stance - Nenah Cherry
30. Love Song - the Cure
31. So Alive - Love and Rockets
32. Back To Life - Soul II Soul
33. Listen To Her Heart - Roxette
34. Orinoco Flow (Sail Away) - Enya
35. I Feel The Earth Move - Martika
36. When I See You Smile - Bad English
37. Birthday Suit - Johnny Kemp
38. Heaven Help Me - Deon Estus and George Michael
39. The Look - Roxette
40. Baby, Don't Forget My Number - Milli Vanilli
41. Dr. Feelgood - Mötley Crüe
42. Heaven - Warrant
43. She Wants To Dance With Me - Rick Astley
44. Me, Myself and I - De la Soul
45. Walk The Dinosaur - Was (Not Was)
46. Once Bitten Twice Shy - Great White
47. I Won't Back Down - Tom Petty
48. On Our Own - Bobby Brown
49. A Little Respect - Erasure
50. You Got It (The Right Stuff) - New Kids On The Block
51. Me So Horny - 2 Live Crew
52. Soldier Of Love - Donny Osmond
53. We Didn't Start the Fire - Billy Joel
54. Hey Ladies - Beastie Boys
55. The Living Years - Mike and the Mechanics
56. Stand - R.E.M.
57. Trouble Me - 10,000 Maniacs
58. Your Mama Don't Dance - Poison
59. Close My Eyes Forever - Lita Ford with Ozzie Osbourne
60 Closer To Fine - Indigo Girls
61. With Every Beat of My Heart - Taylor Dayne
62. Angel Eyes - Jeff Healy Band
63. Blame It On The Rain - Milli Vanilli
64. End Of The Line - Traveling Wilburys
65. Two Hearts - Phil Collins
66. Don't Wanna To Lose You - Gloria Estefan
67. Right Here Waiting - Richard Marx
68. If I Could Turn Back Time - Cher
69. Anchorage - Michelle Shocked
70. Straight Up - Paula Abdul
71. I'll Be Loving You (Forever) - New Kids On The Block
72. Pop Song 89 - R.E.M.
73. Hangin' Tough - New Kids On The Block
74. Dear God - Midge Ure
75. What I Am - Edie Brickell and New Bohemians
76. Miss You Like Crazy - Natalie Cole
77. I Like It - Dino
78. Forever Your Girl - Paula Abdul
79. Cherish - Madonna
80. I'm That Type of Guy - LL Cool J
81. Cult of Personality - Living Colour
82. My Fantasy - Teddy Riley Featuring Guy
83. Electric Youth - Debbie Gibson
84. Veronica - Elvis Costello
85. Partyman - Prince
86. As Long As You Follow - Fleetwood Mac
87. Right Back Where We Started From - Sinaitta
88. Runnin' Down a Dream - Tom Petty
89. Mayor Of Simpleton - XTC
90. Lost In Your Eyes - Debbie Gibson
91. Fascination Street - The Cure
92. Nightrian - Guns N' Roses
93. Seventeen - Winger
94. Now You're In Heaven - Julian Lennon
95. Good Life - Inner City
96. You Got It - Roy Orbison
97. One - Metallica
98. 18 and Life - Skid Row
99. Pretending - Eric Clapton
100. I Want It All - Queen

1 comment:

WifeMomKnitter said...

Yeah, I have a tendency to agree with Mark Cohen. For me the year would have been 1984. Great album.
:-)

Give Life, Donate Blood