2.18.2011

Mittens

I can't remember if I already shared this here or not (and obviously, I'm too lazy to go check). With all the snow we've had, the Lorax has gotten a lot of wear out of her purple mittens. I noticed that they were getting a little too small for her and mentioned that I would make her a new pair. Her response, "Princess Mittens?!" My response, "Um, does that mean pink?". I was quite excited to see the Heart Strings Mittens pattern was shared by Vivere Nel Colore (check out her blog - great designs and a little cutie too!). As soon as they were knit, they were snatched off the table, so I consider this a success.
photo.JPG
The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Neon colorway, leftovers from a pair of socks. Bright pink, orange and yellow - acceptable princess colors I think.

This pattern is well written, quick to knit and there is the possibility for so much customization. My back up plan was to find a princess charm or iron-on-patch of some sort if the Lorax truly had her heart set on princess-mittens (whatever that means to her). Lucky for me, she was excited about these and though we did buy some pink glitter buttons, she chose the star buttons to go on them.
photo.JPG

After our photo shoot she told me, "Now I need blue ones for Cinderella, and yellow ones for Belle, and purple for Rapunzel, and green for Tinkerbell..." Sure kid.
photo.JPG
A rather blurry shot of the Lorax with her princess mittens and her princess valentine balloon bought by daddy.

2 comments:

theatreknitter said...

i'm so glad that she likes them.

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, she looks like Dan in the pic with the balloon - something about the expression! Hope you're all doing well...hopefully with renewed energy come the 2nd trimester :)

Give Life, Donate Blood