7.25.2011

A more usual hat

Last week's heat wave really had me a bit puzzled thinking about baby#2 - how to dress the little one? With the Lorax, who was born in November, I didn't really think twice about putting an extra layer / blanket / hat on her to keep her warm enough. This time around, I think I mostly plan on keeping the kid in a onesie for August. But, I still think hats are in order. I do have the the baby bucket hat ready but wanted something for maybe inside, just a little something. Babies need hats!

Anyway, I crocheted a Shell Stitch Beanie using yarn that was leftover from the Lorax's Big Bad Baby Blanket and the Baby Bucket Hat.
IMG_2414
I stuck a little hair clip to the back of the flower, so it can be on the hat or not.

Allow Jackson to model.
IMG_2408

It's quite cute, worked up really quickly even for a novice crocheter like myself. And, best mark of a good pattern? I would make this again. I think it would work year round in any number of yarns.

1 comment:

Emily said...

That's a great hat! Love your model, too ;)

Give Life, Donate Blood