7.30.2011

Little things

Officially now I am playing the waiting game. It is a game I have played before, I am usually a good sport about it (even though I hate to wait!), so I am trying to focus on little things in the here and now. There have been some fun things of which to make note.

Lorelai has started really writing her name - this came about all on her terms - she's been able to write an "L" for a while now, and she can identify all the right letters, but this week (maybe thanks to camp?) she's been putting her name on things!
photo.JPG

She's also been asking for some yarn and knitting needles. Maybe I should make her her own little yarn stash.
photo.JPG

I am slowly but surely improving on my crochet - I made this little pair of booties yesterday. One day - including distractions! I'm floored that it worked!! I would make these again, they are quite cute.
Crochet Star Booties

Of course I wanted a certain family member to model them.
photo.JPG

And I was able to snap this photo before pushing him to far (apparently modeling booties is where Jackson draws the line) - I started to see a snarl develop...
photo.JPG

The mail brought me a fun package today as well - yarn I earned for sample knitting -
photo.JPG
Lorna's Laces "Solemate" in the Grand Island Ink and Shadow colorways. This is earmarked for a Woodsmoke Scarf for me, but I can't decide if I want the body to be solid colored and the lace to be variegated or vice versa (opinions welcomed!).

4 comments:

Meg said...

My 4.5-year-old has just started doing the same thing. We need to keep all important papers out of reach or they end up with "ANNIE" (all in caps and half of them backwards ;D ) in purple or pink marker.
The slippers are too cute- looks like your pup needs his own for winter. ;-)

Emily said...

I love that age when writing one's name is the greatest thing ever :) Especially when it ends up on everything (like.. the dust on a cabinet?)

Those booties are so cute! LOVE THEM! And I love the model -- I needed the chuckle that I got from those pictures.

sara said...

My daughter managed to carve her entire name: First and 9-letter last into my mother's coffee table with a ball point pen. Mom watched her a little more closely after that. LOL

Lorelai is such a cutie with her yarn and needles. She'll be ready to learn soon, yes?

And the slippers look great! I am a firm believer in bi-craftual lifestyles. ;-)

Vicki said...

waiting in the summer can be brutal...2 August babies and 1 in June for me.
I just love how those with i's circle the dot and make it touch. My little one did that too.

Give Life, Donate Blood