8.03.2011

Yarn Along - Aug 3 Stripes!

from small things
Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr.

Yarn Along - Aug 3
I've been mostly trying to stay on top of the blog reading this past week, so that's my google reader page on the ipad. I am dreaming about starting new projects, but I am actually only working on two things. My Neon Nightmare, a massive granny stripe blanket - it is starting to get heavier and take up more space as I work on it. So far, I've got 28 rows done, about 11 inches, and I am planning to work this up to use up ALL the yarn that I have for each color. I do believe that when the cooler days and nights come this way (and they are coming!) I will look forward to working on this. This project is boosting my crochet confidence as well, so I am quite pleased. The red & white stripey thing is part of a surprise gift that I do not want to talk too much about - the recipient has swung by my blog once in a while.

I have another striped object to share - I finished the Rainbow Marley last week at SnB. I made myself finish the twirly bits on the top, and thanks to Costumechick for her input on the twirly bits - she suggested putting them together tassle-like (versus pinwheel style) and that seemed to work out just right.
IMG_2421
Jackson, back at work.

IMG_2422
Will you go away if I don't look at you?

IMG_2429
Seriously kid, we're the original siblings - help me out and take this off my head.

9 comments:

WifeMomKnitter said...

I love Jackson so much!

sara said...

Your crochet looks great!

Jackson, as usual, has just stolen the show. Your captions are hilarious. Especially the one with the Lorax.

karen said...

Your dog is gorgeous in a spiffy hat! I love dogs :)

Emily said...

I think I need that hat in adult size!

Cheryl said...

Your hound is fun. The indignity of it all. They put up with so much from us! Very tempted to knit a matching hat.

www.OhThePlacesWellRoll.com said...

that hat is cute! and i can't see any of these yarn along photos without being a memeber of ravelry...so guess i will do that now!

:)
Jen

*kate said...

I love the hat! And your crochet looks great, I love all the colors. I'm sure by cooler weather you will really appreicate working on it :)

Guistinello Design said...

So much cute-ness! I am loving the crochet blanket the more I see it!

Lynneb said...

I think I really, really like that crocheted blanket so far...love the colors!

Give Life, Donate Blood