8.19.2011

Yarn Along - August 17

The "Better Late than Never!" Edition - of course I had to do this when I realized it was Wednesday, but couldn't blog it until now.

~From small things
~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr.
Yarn Along August 17

So, on Tuesday (you know, While I Waited) I had an appointment to check amniotic fluid levels - turned out that the tech could only find one pocket of fluid to check, and that level was low enough to send me over to the hospital that afternoon. In a manner that was strikingly similar to the situation with Lorelai, they broke my water around 8, and by 10-ish things were really progressing enough that there was no time for the epidural I wanted, and Ta-DAH! 10:36pm, the lil'nutmeg Nathaniel Thomas was here! . It is still so very surreal - I can't believe I have had another baby. I can't believe we're already back home. I can't believe how similar this one is to Lorelai - he's slightly smaller than she was (7.9lbs, 19.6 inches), but the head full of hair really seals the deal I think.

It seems a bit crazier to be home this time around - Jackson is constantly on guard / edge, and Lorelai is still full of endless energy. She's getting to indulge in extra tv time this week that's for sure. But all is well so far - we could all use more sleep, but we're healthy and happy, so we just take one thing at a time.

Back to the yarn along-ing. I did bring hexipuffs to my ultrasound appointment, but I didn't work on them because I thought for sure I would drop the little balls of yarn and they would roll away. Instead I worked on a sock, but that wasn't the greatest idea either - I realized that I would have to try on the sock at some point to know where to decrease for the toe and I couldn't exactly reach my toes then. Oh well, live and learn.

10 comments:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! So happy for you!

WifeMomKnitter said...

I love how Lil' Nutmeg is part of your Yarn Along.

Congratulations to you, Dan and Lorelei!

Lori said...

Congratulations!!!! He's a very sweet looking laddie, all snuggled up with the yarn. I'm so happy for all of you! Best wishes!

Liz said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful.

Emily said...

ohmigosh!!! Congratulations and he is absolutely wonderful!

anphoe said...

Congratulations!!!! He is adorable!!!

Sonia said...

What a sweetie. Congrats!

Meg said...

Congrats! What a beauty- And a quick labor!

Sarah said...

While I have spoken to you on various social media, I think I have been remiss in offering up my congratulations! He's just perfect. <3

angelina said...

that is the sweetest pic ever. congrats !!!!!!!!!!!

Give Life, Donate Blood