9.28.2011

Yarn Along - Sept 28

From small things:
Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr.

Yarn Along Sept 28
It feels so good to start a new book. I did buy The Help to read on the kindle, but was sidetracked by the news that library patrons could get e-books on their kindles! In playing around with it, I ended up getting an e-book on my phone - haven't quite figured out the kindle side of it yet. Anyway, I heard an NPR interview with this author a while back and thought I Think I Love You would be a fun read. As a young girl, my celebrity obsession ran the lines of Corey Haim (not New Kids on the Block as most of the other girls my age were obsessed with) - however, the story still rings true.

I've got a few WIPs this week: hexipuffs are still buzzing along, a semi-secret project, and a test knit of Tartan. Caryl's version uses Madelinetosh Vintage, which must be stunning! I went stash diving and decided to work with O-Wool Classic and Balance. I worked up this swatch to be sure I liked the color combo, so far so good!

We had a few really good nights of sleep, with me getting up only once, but last night I think I was up a lot more. So it goes I guess. If only Nate knew how cute he was when he sleeps.
IMG_2759

Yesterday there was some excitement around town. A movie crew and all that is involved with that came to a local spot for filming! We checked it out:
photo.JPG
We didn't have any star sightings, but I saw other people post online that they did see Meryl Streep - she's filming movie with Steve Carell and Tommy Lee Jones. Nifty.

No comments:

Give Life, Donate Blood