1.11.2012

Yarn Along - Jan 11

From small things:
~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~
Yarn Along - January 11
I finished up book #2 of The Hunger Games, "Catching Fire", which I really enjoyed. Then I was stuck. I borrowed the book from amazon on my kindle (yay!), but their fine print only allows you to borrow one book each month (boo!). Jokingly I complained to my husband and on facebook. I suppose I could have gone to the library and actually gotten the book, but I was lazy. Lucky for me a friend on facebook had the book on her kindle and was able to loan book #3, "MockingJay", to me. As expected, even early on I am hooked and very curious to see how this series plays out.

I have been working on several items that at this point in time I can't share with you. That's one of the downsides of being a sample knitter or test knitter, the designs are under wraps for a while. The sweater I was working on for Lorna's Laces is finished, blocked and currently en route to Chicago. I believe it will be on display at TNNA. I also took on a quick little knit sweater for an upcoming book.

The yarn shown in the picture above is also for sample and test knitting. The red is for a hat and the bottom cake is for a pair of socks. Yay for knitting work, but I am certainly going to try and squeeze in some of my personal projects again so I have something to show on the blog. Otherwise, you'll just get baby / kid pictures. Like this one:
Day 5

1 comment:

WifeMomKnitter said...

I give you permission to put up as many pictures of that Little Nutmeg and the Lorax that you want. No complaints here. ;-)

Give Life, Donate Blood