1.18.2012

Yarn Along - Jan 18

From small things
~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~
Yarn Along
I feel like I have made good progress on the knitting front this week. Nate's Brick-rolled sweater has one sleeve done, I've got the knitting done on a test knit (that would be the red thing on the left), and the Monster-to-be is working up nicely. Working on the monster has gotten me to use my circular knitting needles again - specifically Magic Loop. Interestingly, the test knit was knit back and forth as if the circular knitting needles were straight needles and the sleeve was knit on double pointed needles. A variety of techniques, a variety of projects, and I continue to work on more and line up the queue! I am halfway through "MockingJay" and on the whole am very impressed with the series. My husband has started reading "Hunger Games" and is enjoying them as well.

1 comment:

Hurrayic said...

Love the deep color of that sweater. I borrowed that book from the library and had to return it before I could make anything from it. My youngest wants several monsters from it. The patterns in there fit his personality: fun and kooky!

Give Life, Donate Blood