1.25.2012

Yarn Along - Jan 25

From small things,
~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us!

Yarn Along  Jan 25
The key things I have to show for the week are progress on the monster (he's got eyes!), and Nate's Baby Rock'n'Roll Neck sweater is just about done. I have ends to weave in and I have an idea in my head that I want this sweater to have a robot on it, down at the bottom stripes. Maybe felted? Maybe crocheted? I'm not sure, so I might wait on it for now. It deserves a post of its own and will have one in the next few days.

I picked up The Knitter's Life List from the library today. It is interesting to thumb through and would make a great book for a new knitter I think, but at this stage in my knitting game, it is not one I want permanently on my bookshelves. I also have been reading The Wilder Life: My Adventures in the Lost World of The Little House on the Prairie. I really enjoyed the first 20% of this book. It was funny, light-hearted, made me giggle as I recognized myself in the writing about the fondness for the "Little House" series. The little nuggets of information about what was probably real or probably fiction has been really interesting as well. Then the book takes a turn to making the comparison of "Girlhood / being a girl is just like being out on the wild prairie and the days of the pioneers". Ummm. Ok. I am not so thrilled on that part, and to me most of it seems like a stretch, but whatever. Then there was a section about the legal "stuff" of the day involving settlers and the Native American Lands. It just feels like this is filler and I do suppose there is a place for it. But eh. It is a light read and I'll be done with it soon. Good thing, as it is a library loan to my kindle so I only have it for a short time. I am very pleased that I finally figured out how to borrow the library books on my kindle, but there was a bit of drama and confusion there that was totally unnecessary.

2 comments:

WifeMomKnitter said...

Isn't the Rock N; Roll Neck a great pattern to knit?

I loved test knitting it for Crystal.

Jennifer said...

The Monster! He's so cute and awesome! I can't wait to see him all finished--I bet my toddler would love one.
JNCL
The Beauty of Eclecticism

Give Life, Donate Blood