5.27.2012

I Love Green

I recently finished a sample shawlette for Romney Ridge Farm.  When I was talking with Kelly about knitting for her she told me that she was looking for a small shawl that would be like a one-skein wonder to use up a skein of her hand-dyed sport weight, that I could pick the pattern.  I immediately set off on Ravelry and found several possibilities but settled on the "All About Love" pattern by Silvia Bo Bilvia. The skein I received is the most wonderful tones of green.  I loved working with this yarn and the pattern, though I did have to modify.  I worked up the lace section as written and had not even used up an ounce of the yarn.  I did continue on to complete a bulk of the short rows and was still not even half-way through the skein.  I ripped back to the lace and then worked another 16 rows of lace. 

Here is the "before blocking" shot:
IMG_4712

And after blocking:
IMG_4764

I am a big fan of blocking wires now - they are a bit fiddly at first, but they do make things easier.  This shawl is a bit more rectangle than crescent, but it still works.
I love green

Looking back, I may have done better to cast on more stitches instead of just repeating the lace (I have less than one ounce of yarn remaining), but I am pleased with the end result! I would knit this pattern again. The lace is not complicated at all and was good SnB knitting or tv knitting.

2 comments:

Hazels Crochet said...

It is a wonderful colour, i love how fresh green looks!! The lace looks beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Great job, don't you just love Kelly's yarn. I got to make a pair of carrot socks for her, it is just like being able to go with her when she shows off all her wonderful yarn. eileen cashin

Give Life, Donate Blood