5.30.2012

Yarn Along - May 30

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~
Yarn Along May 30

I'm actually reading something this week, yay! Last week or maybe the week before, I borrowed the first "Fifty Shades" book from knitting group on a Thursday and was done with it by Tuesday.  I mostly feel unsettled about it.  I feel a strong dislike of the main character, Ana.  The writing is not all that great - there are way too many references to Ana's "inner goddess" and "subconscious" that they are cartwheeling or tapping their feet or rolling their eyes or whatever.  I was not sold on reading the rest of the series, but I do want to know what the gals at knitting are talking about, so I will continue to read.  I also am digitally flipping through Gourmet Ice Pops and am looking forward to trying some. I found today at a T.J.Maxx these star ice molds that I have been eying online for a while and look forward to using them. 

I'm working on a hat, but expect it to be done tonight / tomorrow so that will get its own post.  In the picture you can see my Lanesplitter. This is perfect "auto-pilot" knitting, once you get going.  I am really enjoying working on it, even if I won't be able to wear it until the cooler days return!

2 comments:

Hazels Crochet said...

I have thought of picking up that book, as I have heard a few people talking about it. I love the colours of your knitting, and I know what you mean about auto-pilot...I do my granny stripes blanket in auto-pilot while reading my kindle!

Gracey is not my name.... said...

I read the summary of the book and decided it was not for me...and oh I so want to make a Lansplitter, but only have one ball of Kureyon, but have tons of Silk Garden (I think 8)

Give Life, Donate Blood