5.09.2012

Yarn Along - May 9


~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? ~ from small things 

Yarn Along May 9
Hurray! I finished all the knitting on the Summer Poncho sample. Ends are woven in and it is blocking out on my dining room table - you can see a bit of the lace in the photo. I have no idea as of yet how to shoot the FO - that one is a styling stumper to me. I will post more about it soon as it does deserve a post of its own! You can see I have two yarn cakes wound up and ready to go. The brown one is Manos del Uruguay Wool Classica - I was commissioned to knit a "Deer with Tiny Antlers Hat". That should be fun, as you know how I am with hats around here. The green is a skein of sportweight yarn from Romney Ridge Farm to be a shawl sample. This green is so so lovely - I am really anxious to get started on the All About Love pattern for this one. I spotted a free Kindle book last week or the week before and because it was about a dachshund, I had to grab it! Sasha, Extraordinary Dachshund - I am only a little bit in, but I like it - good pet stories always get me!

2 comments:

karen said...

I am loving both skeins of yarn. I think the colors are wonderful!

Anji said...

Weaving in and blocking - the finish line of knitting, hooray! You must be so excited

Give Life, Donate Blood