5.10.2012

Just the Knitter

I am not a stylist. I am hardly even stylish! I do enjoy looking through magazines like "Vogue Knitting" and the boards on Pinterest for styling ideas, but I often do not follow through on such things.  I am happy to be "Just the knitter" of the samples and let other people worry about the styling.

My most recent "knitter-for-hire" job was a sample of this summer poncho for The Yarnsisters. This job had a few firsts for me. First "Vogue Knitting" pattern, and I have to say I was pleased with this pattern - it was straightforward, no errors, nothing confusing.  A bit tedious maybe, but once I got in the groove it was good for SnB or being in front of the television.  The yarn, Zealana Kiwi Fingering is a natural blend of 40% fine New Zealand Merino, 30% Organic Cotton and 30% New Zealand Possum fiber. It is light yet warm.  I did come across a few possum fibers that at first glance I thought were from Jackson's fur - but when I remembered that there was possum fiber in there I was able to ignore that!

IMG_4609
Here is the poncho after blocking on my dining room table.

Summer Poncho
I really could use a mannequin for things like this - or fancier hangers maybe - but it looks much nice on a shape versus being flat on the table.

IMG_4615
Here it is on my shape. Please ignore the striped shirt and jeans.  I really am doing my best to imitate the model shot from the magazine, which looks silly but is the best way to show off the lace!

IMG_4617
Somebody saw me trying to take a picture and wanted it.  She is way more stylish, always.

A few other notes, while I was knitting this my bamboo circular got a snag in the tip - it kept catching the yarn! I picked up a Knitter's Pride Dreamz circular needle to replace it and I LOVE it! I definitely plan to add more of these to my tools! This project took 1937 yards (!!) so that brings my knitting total this year to 2.48 miles!

No comments:

Give Life, Donate Blood