12.27.2005

Fiber Godmother Question / Survey

Fiber Godmother Questionnaire
I really want to get back on the wagon with RAOKs and swaps (craftster or otherwise!)

General Fiber Questions:
What are your fiber-related hobbies? (Knit, Crochet, Spinning, Needlepoint, etc.) - Knitting. But one of my New Year's resolutions is to learn crochet / amigurumi and embroidery
How long? - I taught myself to knit about 4 years ago
Which are you *most* into? - knitting, but I drool over amigurumi and Sublime Stitching!
How would you classify yourself in this craft - beginner, intermediate, advanced? -
intermediate, I guess - I'm comfortable with the needles, but I still have a lot to learn!



What is your current fiber-related obsession? -
tiny things - I made many mini-sweaters, I'm trying to find a great cardigan!
What are your favorite items to make? - I enjoy socks, when they fit! Bags and scarves are fun because guage does not matter as much
What are you making right now? - on the needles I have flower washcloths, knitty's bobblicious, and I'm working on shedir as well



What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? -
I enjoy playing with my sewing machine, looking at fabrics, planning projects



About the fiber:
Your favorite yarn(s) (brand or type)? - I recently discovered how wonderful Rowan yarns are! I adore noro and koigu too. But no favorite favorite.
What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? - scratchy
Is there a yarn you've been dying to try? - Manos, Cascade Eco Wool, Blue Sky organics, Trekking sock yarn, LobsterPot yarn
Are you a fiber snob? - I don't think of myself as such, but as I have said before, it's equivalent to buying candy at the drugstore and then going to Dylan's candy bar in New York City. One place is much more fun and expensive! But you can satisfy the sweet tooth with some selections from the 2 for 99 cents section!



About the tools:
Hardwood, Bamboo, Aluminum, Plastic? - anything but susan bates
For knitters: Straight, DPN or Circular needles? - depends on the project
Favorite gadget? - I don't know that I really have any gadgets
Anything you've been wanting to try? - I just ordered myself a swift and winder

About you:
Do you pamper yourself? Or do you generally come last? -
I have been known to splurge on myself, small scale (origins products rock!)
What does an ideal day off/free hour consist of for you? - exactly what I want to watch on tv, catching up on blogs, knitting and my puppy asleep in the sunshine
Are you allergic to anything? - pollen
What is your family situation? (Partner, spouse, kids, etc.) - husband
Are you owned by any pets? - Jackson, my mini dachshund puppy



Your favorite color(s)? - blue-purple-green-grey
Any colors you just can't stand? - I tend to stay away from pinks and orange but that doesn't mean I can't stand them, I guess I haven't seen their beauty yet
What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) - citrus, light floral
Least favorite? (Maybe you're not "allergic," but it makes you want to die) - heavy florals, almond
How do you feel about candy? - Have you read "Candy and Me: A Love Story" - that's my life!
Any dietary restrictions? - nope

Is there anything that you collect? -
I used to, but I am trying to stay away from it now
What is your favorite holiday? -Thanksgiving

Do you have an online wish list (e.g. Amazon, Things I Want)? If so, share the link. If nothing else, it will give your Godmother more ideas about your likes/dislikes. -
There is a link, in my sidebar
Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? -oh yes
What kind of music do you like? - Barenaked Ladies, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Dave Matthews Band, Tori Amos, Indigo Girls, The Killers
Any special requests in case your Godmother wants to make a CD for you? - I'm open to new things

Favorite movie(s)? - Say Anything, High Fidelity, Singin' in the Rain
Any "fan" stuff? (e.g. Firefly, Wonder Woman, etc.) - Muppets, Hello Kitty

No comments:

Give Life, Donate Blood