12.25.2005

Happy Christmas!

This is a Christmas to remember. Not only is it the first one without Grampa, it will be my first Christmas without seeing my dad. My Nana is down in Florida visiting her daughters - my dad and uncle are flying down today to surprise her! Very cool - so we all met up yesterday - my dad / mom / brothers / uncle - prior to the usual "Christmas Eve" festivities at my Mom's family.

Today the plan was to got to Dan's parents, exchange gifts, then go to Long Island to see Dan's Grandmother and go up to see my mom / brothers when we got back. This morning we arrive at Dan's mom's and she tells us she's sick and not going with us to Long Island. We're waiting / chatting when Dan's brother calls - he's got an emergency plumbing issue. Plumbers are called, and dan's dad goes to check things out - there's sewage and leaky pipes and it's not good.

So our plan has changed to not go to Long Island, and we're going up to my mom's earlier than expected. Holidays are crazy. This is why I like Thanksgiving the best - everyone is just meeting to eat!

I have started my last project of the year - knitty's bobblicious - only one row of bobbles on each end - I dislike my large metal needles - and the yarn (Lion Brand Wool Ease Chunky) slides around on them too much!

No comments:

Give Life, Donate Blood