11.15.2007

Another Hat & Scarf idea for a teen guy?

In keeping my mind off the fact that the due date is one week away (and the added part of that which is that the due date is really just the midpoint of the two weeks prior and post in which baby could arrive) and keeping my mind from wondering if every little twitch or ache is the start of labor I'm still knitting away. Last night, I cast on, knit and cast off an "Umbilical Cord Hat" from "Stitch 'n Bitch".
Umbilical Cord Hat
I used Lousia Harding Kimono Angora yarn which is oh so soft! And thinking about it now, given that it is 70% angora probably doesn't make it the best sort of baby hat. But, for my baby it'll be ok - enough for a photo or two. The colorway is kind of a peas + carrots - there are shades of greens / yellows / oranges, but they aren't obnoxious. It's a good fall hat. (Or spring I suppose). Hurry up Baby H - you've got all these little knits to wear!!

This year for Christmas, the family (which is HUGE - I think there are at least 30 people) decided to do one to one exchanges - someone picked names out of a hat and you will give a gift (with a $ limit) to that one person. The Baby has my 13 (14?) year old cousin, Max. According to his mom, he would probably be happiest with gift cards to a sports store or itunes. That works out just find for us! She also mentioned that he likes CSI - so I google and "ravel" on ravelry and found this Police Tape Scarf - I think it's cool - and a possibility to knit up in time... I think I could do it in the round... Would a young teen guy like something like that?? I've got the materials... I might do it up just to do it and keep my mind off the sometime arrival of you know who.

4 comments:

Ina said...

Best to you, lady in waiting! My younger sister was born on Thanksgiving, so every few years she would have a Thanksgiving birthday party = lots of family. Not to mention it was very exciting that first year to have cold cuts for T-Day supper (I "cooked"), then to visit the hospital.

I would think a crime scene tape scarf would be a huge hit. CSI plus stylish adolescent rebellion - what could be better?

Bubblesknits said...

I think the police tape scarf would be very welcome by a teenage guy! Come to think of it, my 32 year old hubby would wear something like that. He's a big CSI fan, too. :-)

Poor thing! I remember those last few weeks of waiting for baby. Ugh. Just put your feet up and try to relax. Sending anti-heartburn thoughts your way. :-)

mad knitter said...

Oooh, it's getting so close! You must be so excited when you're not freaking out, LOL! It'll be so great :).

I think I have seen that scarf...I remember liking it, thinking it was quirky. I know my 10 year olds would like it, if that helps at all..they'd think it was cool. But I'm sorry, that's as old as my knowledge-about-how-kids-will-like-their-gifts gets for now!

You know I'm right around the corner. Please let me know, anything you need. Leave a comment on my blog, on Ravelry or at lkmcland@sbcglobal.net

Best of luck, have a blast having this baby and welcoming baby into the world, and try to enjoy yourselves over the holiday :).

Life's a Stitch said...

Can't show that to my 17 yr old son - he'd love it for sure. When he was in his younger teens he asked me to knit him the alien scarf from Stitch'n Bitch and he still wears it.
Li

Give Life, Donate Blood