1.03.2013

Resolutions & Intentions

Source: etsy.com via Rebecca on Pinterest

All week I keep thinking about resolutions / intentions.  I've been reading other people's blogs, lurking in groups on Ravelry (almost dreaming that I was one of those knitters - 13 socks/shawls/mitts in 2013, all the -alongs: block of the month along, knit all the patterns from XYZ book, knit your queue, etc), and while I think it's become obvious over time on my blog, I don't do so well with -alongs. I love the idea of them, but my follow through tends to be lacking.  I get antsy and am easily distracted by the new and shiny.  And yet, I still feel compelled to put it down in writing on this blog my plans for the year. So, here are more of my specifics:

  • Knit / Crochet at least 13 skeins that have been stashed before 1/1/12 (inspired by the Use It or Lose It thread in the Stash & Burn podcast group)
  • Knit / Crochet at least 13 items queued before 1/1/12 
  • Knit / Crochet at least 13 items as samples / knit-for-hire 
  • Knit / Crochet at least 13 hats for PatPatsHats
  • Pie in the sky - can I knit / crochet at least 13 new-to-me techniques? (Socks) Sweet Tomato Heel, unusual construction, stripes, 2-at-a-time / Colorwork / Adding shaping / my own design of something?
I am not limiting myself to this - it's a baseline.  And there is plenty of wiggle room for overlap. I know I have stash yarn that I have in mind for queued projects (both pre-2012) and stash yarn that will totally work for charity hats. It does make me feel a bit better though - there is the intention to use what I have, there is the intention to try new things, and yet I can still indulge now and again.  Let's face it - there will always be something new and shiny!

1 comment:

theatreknitter said...

PatPat's hats thanks you...l

Give Life, Donate Blood