1.09.2013

Yarn Along - January 9

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~ yarn along




Yarn Along Jan 9
This week I have been reading Pippi Longstocking. For whatever reason, I could not stop thinking about this book, so I borrowed it from the library.  I couldn't remember if I had read it as a kid, but now that I am halfway through I think I did; so much of it is familiar and enjoyable. This was a good way to get back into the reading groove! I've been working on several things.  The Snuggly Monster buddy is ready for eyes, ears & limbs.  The belly is done in yellow and the eyepatch is on the needles. I think the ears / limbs will be solid teal and solid lime green.  I hope to get this done in the next day or two so that it can be given to a brand new baby! On the right is a sample sweater. The same sweater on which I already broke two needles! Knock wood, so far so good and my new needle set arrived today.  In the middle is my current "ooh shiny!" project.  I found the NaKnitMittMo group on Ravelry and immediately had to start a pair of mittens for me.  That didn't take long at all! I pulled out my Cast On, Cast Off book to try the "Provisional Tubular Cast On" for a stretchy cuff. It was a bit fiddly, but not terrible once I got going!

1 comment:

Karen Sue said...

great bag! did you make it? How many projects can you get in there??

Give Life, Donate Blood