12.24.2009

Christmas Earworms

If you happen to come across a lull in your conversations at whatever you do today, a good topic is "What's the WORST Christmas Song?" - At SnB "Snowfall" has come up a few times (we own that Tony Bennett Christmas Album - it's on there and it snuck up on me and I have to agree, not his best work.) Dan's not a huge fan of "Jingle Bell Rock" - I would love it if I never had to hear again "Dominic the Donkey" or "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer".
Shudder. And I apologize for the earworms.
As a peace offering my favorite Christmas Song is "The Chrismtas Song", you know... "Chestnuts Roasting on an open fire..." but only the version done by Nat King Cole. Best. Version. Ever.

When you run through all the Christmas songs, start in on Christmas movies. I can't stand "A Christmas Story" - and I always cause a stir when I mention that one. And yes, I gave it a good try - I sat down to watch it, with an open mind, and it was still terrible. "A Christmas Carol" is probably top of the list - Patrick Stewart version of course, "Love, Actually" is up there along with "Miracle on 34th Street" (the original one).

May you have a classy Christmas and I hope you all get what you hope for (especially PeacefulKnitter! I'm thinking of you!)

2 comments:

Becca said...

worst Christmas song: I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas

Jen said...

Although I've done a post on my love/hates as far as songs go, I also love Faith Hill's "Where Are You Christmas?" and as far as movies go, I have always loved, since I was a kid, "Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas". I hear that it is available on DVD finally.

Give Life, Donate Blood