12.24.2009

Glimmer

On Tuesday I whipped up another gift for another cousin - a Darkside Cowl that is not very dark at all.
Cowl
The yarn I used came from a bag of yarn that my mom came across at their house - it was mostly acrylic but there were a few finds in there, including a Berroco "Watercolor" yarn -
IMG_9216
It's not in Ravelry. It's not listed on the Berroco Discontinued Yarn list. I emailed Berroco and they told me that they don't have info on it (!!?!) so it's from before 1995 or so. It's quite pretty - it's a silver-ish with an additional ply of pink / yellow / green in there. I originally wanted to knit incognito but decided to keep it simple.

The pattern works well for this yarn - I did 3 repeats of the pattern, for a length of about 6 inches - this is for a 12 year old so that seemed big enough.
Cowl
Hand for reference again - apparently I'm getting lazy and not bothering to get a ruler.

It is a stretchy but snug item - I figure my cousin can wear it as a headband / ear cover / or cowl as she wishes. I like how it fit and will make myself one in the future (I've got some Malabrigo Silky in Rupestre and Cloud Sky - either would be gorgeous!)
Cowl

1 comment:

theatreknitter said...

you are a serious knitting machine this year. Congrats. That looks fantastic.

Give Life, Donate Blood