8.13.2010

A little birdie

Each week, the Lorax and I attend a "Mommy & Me" sort of class. We started going when she was 8 weeks old or so - it was a great resource as a first time mom. As the Lorax grew, we made our way from the baby class to the waddlers group and now we're just about done with the toddler group (up to age 3 or so). Through it all we have had the same teacher - we love this teacher! She has such patience and care for each of the kids that attend - she is such a sweetheart. Last week she shared with us the news that she has accepted a job to teach preschool full time (in a different town, so not one the Lorax will attend)! I am happy for her, but wanted to let her know how much she means to our family. She always commented on the handknits I made for the Lorax, so that seemed an appropriate way to go. In the end I settled on an Itty Bitty Toy by Susan B. Anderson - the Egg to Bluebird and a Little Nest Too. I think it came out really sweet!
IMG_0956
(trying to get a cute picture - you can see the lorax peeking in the corner of the mirror)

Before:
IMG_0951

After:
Birdie

I'm wondering if I should start knitting up Pencils next for future teachers!

1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

That is awesome! And pencils are good! I think they are cute...there is actually I pencil scarf I once thought of crocheting....

Give Life, Donate Blood