9.20.2010

Fair and Square

We checked out the Guilford Fair this weekend.
IMG_1088
We had to do a bit of explaining with this activity, but we got it.
IMG_1092

No explanation is needed when it comes to ice cream.
IMG_1086

And my knitting won some ribbons!
IMG_1083
2nd place in the Children's Sweater category - the first place / Best in Show piece has a Husky on it. Sure, Go UCONN and all that, but I still think Dachshunds are way cuter!! Especially on that Willie sweater!

photo.JPG
I did score a 1st place ribbon on the Malabrigo Dress I knit up last year. The categories are narrow at the fair for the knitting entries, so this went under "Miscellaneous".

That's pretty much it for pictures - the Lorax did way better at the fair this year and I expect that next year we will have to give in and let her do some rides, but this year was good. She could walk next to us or be in the stroller. She was interested in checking things out and seeing the animals. Good times!

3 comments:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

I love this time of year with all the fairs!

Emilee said...

Congrats on the ribbon! What a small world, I know the guy who made the Husky sweater!

Hunny said...

I wish I knew you had stuff entered! We went on sunday and my youngest daughter was so interested in the animals I skipped all the hand made stuff! Going to the Big E tomorrow. Should be fun!

Give Life, Donate Blood