9.13.2010

Testing

Last week, during Hurricane Earl (Thanks for Nothing Earl, by the way), I needed to work on a new project. My knitting projects have been in the blobby-it'll-be-interesting-when-I'm-done-knitting stage and I think because I was working hard to get them done (both deadline projects) my brain just needed a distraction. Anyway, I've had this patchwork wristlet project on my "to-do" list ever since I spotted it. Seems like another great way to practice my sewing skills in addition to trying it out as a potential Christmas gift.
I have to say that Pink Penguin puts out a great tutorial! I felt quite comfortable taking it one step at a time - really - I think this project took me most of the day, plus another hour or so on a different day to get acquainted with the zipper foot on my sewing machine.
Ta-da!
photo.JPG
(one of the more difficult items to photograph!) It works! There are plenty of beginner mistakes that I notice and probably most others could to if they took a good look at it, but I can learn from that and the next time I work this up (I am pretty sure I will) I can make adjustments.

photo.JPG
Inside. I gave this little wristlet a test run this weekend - it nicely held money, id, lip balm, pack of tissues and my phone. It is really handy and matches my new favorite nail polish quite nicely, in my opinion. Nail polish by the way, is OPI's "Ski Teal We Drop" - September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness month and I wanted Teal Toes - love it so much I wanted it on my fingers too - it's a great teal - more blue than green, and it's a solid true color - not frosty or shimmery.

Final thoughts? I think I will make this again - hopefully I can adjust my mistakes to perfect this before giving as a gift (possibly). I may move on instead to a different project, also from "Pink Penguin" - This lunch bag would be great for a knitting bag!

1 comment:

ayumills said...

Your wristlet looks perfect! I don't know what you mean by 'mistakes' because it looks just absolutely fine and beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing!!

Give Life, Donate Blood