3.15.2013

FO Friday - Mitts & a Monster

Nathair Mitts

I am in love with these mitts! This was my first Malabrigo March project, the Nathair Mitts, in Malabrigo Rios, the Solis colorway.  The cable was fun to work and though it did require my attention, I was able to work on these while watching TV and at knitting night without any mistakes! The yarn is butter soft and squishy and I will be on the hunt for more.  I only used 40grams to make the pair, so I have a decent amount leftover. Maybe I'll make a cowl and finally have a matching set of accessories!

Mixtro Monsterphoto.JPG

This is overdue. This is a Mixtro monster (yes, another FreshStitches design!) that I made with stash-busting acrylic for the 600 Monsters group.  I finally got the right size eyes and stitched him up, and have sent him on his way. He probably won't end up with the original 600 in Newtown, but that's ok - the group promised to find homes for the additional monsters with kids have been through a tragedy or trauma and need a helpful monster to hug. 
Here's to a great weekend - it's been a bit of "one of those" weeks!

1 comment:

Jazz said...

Lovely monster! He is so big and cherful.

Here's my FO: http://mibruno.com/terminados-47/

Give Life, Donate Blood