3.06.2013

WIP Wednesday

I have had a lengthy love affair with Malabrigo. I think it was one of the first "nice" yarns I bought myself in my early knitting days. Over the years I have stashed it, admired it, coveted it, and yes, knit with it. Lately though I have just let it simmer in my stash. I decided to join in a few Malabrigo March KALs and doing so has truly rekindled my affection for this yarn. Here I am using Malabrigo Rios to make a pair of Nathair Mitts in the Solis colorway. These are for me and I can't wait to finish them. The first mitt is done and ready for a thumb! This week I have finished a cowl that I hope to share with you tomorrow, and two items for swaps have gone out in the mail, so I'll share those on Friday.  Mentally I'm queuing myself up for a few more KALs which I hope is not jinxing it for me. I am hoping to follow through and participate in the March sock knitter's anonymous challenge by making Carousel socks, the Flame KAL in the Crafty Diversions group, and the Morning Coffee KAL starts next week. I have swatched for that one and am itching to get started! How about you?


3 comments:

Meg said...

GORGEOUS WIP! The colors are stunning and I love that cable pattern.

Anonymous said...

Your mitt is beautiful! I love the colors of the yarn. Malabrigo has the nicest color combinations.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarn!

Give Life, Donate Blood