3.17.2007

Is this a private fight, or can anyone join in?

Happy St.Patrick's Day! My dad kept saying that quote at breakfast this morning. I thought it was from but apparently it's just an old irish saying (so says google). Anyway.

We're snowed in. Dan's off having a boy's weekend. I'm enjoying being by myself, but I do wish I was able to go out to some stores. I did shovel yesterday, but when I was done all my hard work already had a dusting on it! And this morning everything is iced over. No way I'm getting out of the driveway! And with I did go out and try to shovel again, but the ice is just too much! I called a plow service, but I don't know when they will get here. Not a huge rush, either way. They arrived as I typed this - took all of 5 minutes then he's gone... guess I'll get a bill in the mail! So, now I'm free, but probably won't go anywhere until tomorrow. No need to be out with the St.Pat's partiers. There's always online shopping, right?

I'm working on a sleeve for the Hourglass Sweater - can't seem to locate a 12" US 7 needle - so I took my 16" and Betsy's 14" and am working it as two circulars - it's a little mucky, but overall alright. Mindless stockinette.

Seems like I've been up for ever. Several times last night Jackson went into a barking "rage" - he was hearing the wind / sleet, but when he jumped out of bed and ran down the stairs and I can't figure out why he's barking, that makes me nervous. Meeting my parents for breakfast was early too...

I was looking for some other Irish things to post here and it struck me that when I hear elvish the picture I get in my head is Gaelic.

"May you get all your wishes but one, So you always have something to strive for."

"May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past."

"As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way."


**Edited to add the following exchange:
Yesterday I shoveled some of the driveway, and when I came in my wrists were sore. I sent an email off to my bestest knitting buddy Betsy saying that I needed a project on larger needles due to my sore wrists. She immediately called me to comment on the fact that I wanted a project that was merely on larger needles instead of resting up... Amusing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Becca!
Just checking out other swap-bot members that blog. Are we loving the snow yet? NOT!! LOL....have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Just popped by to say "hi". I've got your package all ready, all I have to do is send it. :)

Give Life, Donate Blood