8.28.2007

Candy Cane Hats

I am one of those people that just cannot do Christmas prior to Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and I want to enjoy fall and Halloween and Thanksgiving first, thank you very much. This year though I have to make an exception, given that I may or may not have had the baby by then. So, to be prepared, I made and finished two Candy Cane hats from "Itty Bitty Hats" - which is a great book! I didn't intend to make two - I made the newborn size and it just looks so tiny! It's a quick enough knit, that I made the next size up (0-3 months) and that seems a little better. Hopefully my kiddo won't arrive with a head much bigger than that!
Candy Cane Hats

And since I have the two hats, I am certain not one person who knows me would be surprised to see a photo of Jackson and the baby in matching hats.
Jackson in a candy cane hat

Maybe.

5 comments:

Hunny said...

Don't be surprised if the smaller hat fits!! Babies so small! :) Unless the baby comes out 10 pounds! Just kidding. not trying to scare you!!

msubulldog said...

Hi! We are so excited to have you join the New Pathways Knitalong! Would you please send me your email address so I can send you a Blogger invite? Thanks.
--Amanda amanda AT the-woodruffs DOT net

eyeleen said...

Cute little hats! They'll be adorable with matching hats.

Unknown said...

Gasp! You are pregnant? Congratulations! I think of you every time I work on my purple Koigu Embossed Leaves socks!

The MacKay Way said...

Catching up on your blog after an "I've been too darned busy with life" break...
The shot of the hat on your dog... too damned cute!

That photo gave me my smile this morning!!
Cheers from China!!

Give Life, Donate Blood