8.16.2007

Tuesday - Farmhouse Yarns Sale!

On Tuesday, Betsy, newcomer Sue and I took a ride out to the Farmhouse Yarns Sale!. So, all the
rubbermaid bins were out and open - everything was $11 / skein. The
fill-a-bag option was still there for $159 (down from $180? I think) -
the three of us split a bag and we all made out really well!
Destined for a pinwheel blanket I believe:

Couldn't resist this "Key Lime" dk weight silk / wool blend.
IMG_1509
And a skein of grey mist cotton / wool / silk (great for washcloths!)



As it was Sue's first time there, we got her on the mailing list and Carol
let Betsy and I both pick for a door prize. We pulled our slips out
of a basket - Betsy pulled a finished item of her choice and picked a
really neat striped felted bag. I pulled crank knitting machine and
that's what I got - a knitting machine!
IMG_1506
How cool - not something I would buy on my own, but as a freebie, I'm game to give it a whirl! (For reference: knitter's review)

And then Betsy gave me a bunch of blue summer spun yarn that she had previously gotten - I have 4 skeins enough for a sweater I think, but wanted one more skein just to be sure - i got that and then some.
IMG_1511
I'm thinking about Glee, Kepler, Hypotenuse (front runner) even though it isn't a sweater..., Tangled yoke cardigan.... So many choices!!

No comments:

Give Life, Donate Blood