8.13.2007

Monday Fun


Happy Left Hander's Day!
A bit from mental floss
Highlighting cool facts:
4 of the 5 original designers of the Macintosh computer were left-handed
1 in 4 Apollo astronauts were left-handed - 250% more than the normal level.
Most left-handers draw figures facing to the right.
There is a high tendency in twins for one to be left-handed
Stuttering and dyslexia occur more often in left-handers (particularly if they are forced to change their writing hand as a child, like King of England George VI).
Left-handers adjust more readily to seeing underwater.
Left-handers excel particularly in tennis, baseball, swimming and fencing
Left-handers usually reach puberty 4 to 5 months after right-handers

My dad's a lefty, I'm a lefty and luckily I've adapted to living in a right-handed world. I like being left-handed. It's one of those "good" different things.

I found this really cute site on etsy: IttyBittiesForYou - I'm most likely going to get this weiner dog ornament and I'm in conversations now about getting a dachshund superhero So very cute!!

I'm hooked into the LimeNViolet KnitWars - last night I went to see Shakespeare on the town Green - I brought my knitting and on my way back home all I could think of was "I can get points for knitting in public and knitting for an hour!! Excellent!"

4 comments:

Sunflowerfairy said...

I love that dog ornament!! OMG!

My mother in law is a lefty. She's not an astronaut, but she does play a mean game of tennis. Hmm.

Hope all is well.

Hunny said...

That is funny cause I am about to finish my second sock of a pair and was thinking how I can now get 100 points for that and than points for knitting time!!!

dragon knitter said...

i'm glad to hear about left-handers having slower puberty. my youngest is left-handed, and he just turned 13, and while he's almost as tall as me, he's the only one of my kids who wasn't taller by 13 (other than the one who will never be taller than me, lol!). happy left-hander's day! (and he has adhd, lol)

Elizabeth said...

I'm lefty dating a lefty! Too bad I missed Left Handers day.

Give Life, Donate Blood